A Finnish IT professional trying to share the things that he gets his kicks off. That is, the nerdy stuff ranging from the end user experience to the server room floor and sometimes even beoynd that into the Cloud.
Career and education
I’ve worked as an IT professional and a developer for over 15 years. I have a master’s degree in computer science (M.Sc.) from the University of Jyväskylä. I also studied classical guitar at the Conservatory of Middle Finland and graduated as a Music Pedagogist.
I currently hold the following Microsoft Certifications:
- MCTS: Windows 7
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator
- MCSA: Windows 7
- MCSA: Windows 8
- MCSA: Windows 10 (Charter)
- Microsoft Specialist: Planning for and Managing Devices in the Enterprise (Charter)
- Microsoft Specialist: Configuring Windows Devices (Charter)
- Microsoft Specialist: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center Specialist
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 (Charter)
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure
- MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
- MCSE: Enterprise Devices and Apps (Charter)
You can find my current certification profile here.
In addition I hold the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2)’s certification
- SSCP: Systems Security Certified Practitioner
2 wonderful kids, 1 beautiful wife, 1 home, 2 old cars, 2 dear hobbies (which I’ve both ruined by turning them into careers). All that and in that order. Let’s just leave it to that. Oh, I live in Finland and yes, it’s very cold up here. 😉
I’m a huge Beatles fan, the band has been and always will be the greatest ever. The blog is titled after a song by Lennon/McCartney. The title was ambiguous enough and is in no relation to anything in this blog. I don’t know if using a song title is copyright protected or not. If that’s the case, I’ll change it.